Sterile Disconnection Machine for Thermoplastic Pipes
Are you looking for a sterile disconnection machine that allows you to disconnect thermoplastic pipes in a completely sterile way? Discover all the solutions available on the market.
Thermoplastic pipes, for which use?
Thermoplastic pipes are hoses used for sterile processes in the healthcare sector: biotech, pharma and medical industries. Thermoplastic pipes are often made of TPE or “thermoplastic elastomers”. One of the market leaders is the Saint-Gobain C-Flex, specially designed to meet the requirements of the pharmaceutical and bio-pharma industries for the treatment of fluids.
Solutions available on the market
Three main solutions for sterile disconnection exist on the market:
- Plastic stops (with cutting machine): it is a disposable solution where the stops are placed on the pharma pipe after the transfer of fluid. The stops pinch the pipe. A machine, mechanical then cuts the cable for a complete disconnection.
- Hoses with disconnectable tip: pipes are equipped with a metal disconnection zone. The operator cuts at this level the pipe and at the same time, seals it.
- Disconnection machine: it is a simple disconnection tool that allows to merge thermoplastic pipes (TPE, C-Flex tubing …). Then, the hose is cut without risk of contamination with a pair of scissors. More info about the C-Flex tubes.
Operation of the disconnection machine
Specifically designed for use in a clean room to separate a pipe connecting two sterile process equipment, the MGA Technologies machine allows a safe and sterile disconnection.
The C-Flex thermoplastic pipe is placed between two aluminum clamps and locked by a magnet after closing. The operator then starts the operation of melting the plastic by pushing a button. The process only takes a few minutes.
A first phase warms the aluminum tongs to reach the melting point of the TPE tubing. A second phase keeps the process warm to secure the pipe fusion and eliminate any potential life forms on the clamps. Then, a vane pump located on the equipment cools the pliers and the pipe to a safe temperature for the user.
Finally, the electromagnet loosens the jaw so that the operator can open it easily and safely. A final visual check of the fusion is done to validate the process and manually cut it with a pair of scissors.
Technical characteristics of the MGA Technologies machine
The technical features of the MGA Technologies thermoplastic pipe disconnecting machine:
- Equipment suitable for disconnecting new or autoclaved thermoplastic and C-Flex (Saint-Gobain) pipes of ¼ inch, ½ inch or ¾ inch in diameter.
- Anodized Aluminum Clamp Sets for Format Changes
- Connection to mains 220/230 volts – 50/60 Hz
- Operating temperature: -5°C to + 40°C
- Weight of the disconnecting clip: 2.1 kg, weight of the control box: 3 kg
- Multi-language interface
To obtain the brochure and pricing of the MGA Technologies disconnection machine, contact our team of technicians directly via the contact form or call us on +33 4 78 83 03 22 (Monday to Friday, from 8am to 6pm).
Get a Free Quote with no Obligation
Contact our commercial team to get a customized quote for a MGA Technologies sterile disconnection machine.